What is the PlayMaker Award?
The PlayMaker Award is a great introduction into leadership giving learners knowledge of how to organise small games and activities that can be used during curricular and extra-curricular time, lunchtimes, breaks, as well as in sports clubs outside school hours.
The PlayMaker Award aims to help learners develop leadership skills such as organisation, communication and teamwork, as well as helping to build confidence and self-esteem as they take on the responsibility of assisting in leading their peers and younger children.
What is included in the PlayMaker Award?
Each leadership area (represented by a letter of the mnemonic PACE) is covered in turn and will include:
1. An explanation of its importance for a leader.
2. Games and activities to highlight teaching points.
3. Links to relevant resources.
4. Suggested questions and expected answers, to reinforce practical experiences.
5. Linking with the home.
6. Activity cards.
7. Extension activities.
8. A learner card and a learner worksheets to aid learners understanding of leadership activities.
Personalised Leadership Journals for every registered learner will be able to be downloaded. The Leadership Journal allows learners to log their leadership experiences during and after the course.
1. Focus on the four core areas of leadership – Participants, Area, Communication, and Equipment.
2. Includes access to comprehensive resources which are easy to use.
3. Leadership challenges give ideas on how PlayMakers can put their basic leadership skills into practice after the course.
4. Links with the home encourages home/school links through the inclusion of home based activities and by asking parents/ carers to contribute to learner’s Leadership Journals.
5. Additional recognition of achievement through downloadable Bronze, Silver, Gold, and outstanding Achievement certificated.
6. Supports Key Stage 2 curriculum for English, physical education, PSHE, and citizenship.
Telephone: 053 91 96557