Sports Active Club Training Grant
- General Purpose of the Scheme:
This Grant Scheme aims:
- to increase participation in Physical Activity and Sport
- to improve the management and administration of clubs
- to develop youth structures in clubs/organisations by providing sport and physical activity opportunities
Sports Active Wexford will provide some financial resources to assist in the achievement of these objectives in meeting its own strategic aims.
The key outcome is to provide support for clubs and organisations to provide a long-term commitment for the development of sport in their Community.
Maximum funding of up to €500 per Club/Organisation of which Sports Active Wexford will fund 50% of the course costs and the Club/Organisation must match fund. E.g. SAW Funding = €100 – Club Funding = €100
- Priority will be given to minority sports that do not have development officer support in the county.
- Priority will also be given to training /education initiatives which target increased participation by:
- women / girls,
- ethnic minorities,
- young people,
- Disadvantaged groups
- People with a disability
- The funding will be open until 6th November 2020, depending on funds available.
- Who is eligible to apply?
- Clubs/Organisations that are based in County Wexford.
- Clubs/Organisations that are affiliated to the National Governing body of appropriate agency (written confirmation is needed i.e. copy of affiliation document).
- Clubs/Organisations that operate as “not for profit” and is open to public membership.
- Clubs/Organisations that have a primary objective of sport or physically active recreation.
- Clubs/Organisations that have policies and practices that encourage participation regardless of gender, age, race or ability.
- Clubs/Organisations that operate under the basis of best practice for children in sport – a member of the club must have previously attended a Child Welfare & Protection Awareness Course – new clubs must commit to attending training within the coming year.
- Who is not eligible to apply?
- National/regional/county governing bodies
- For profit groups/commercial organisations
- Private facility owners
- Statutory agencies
- Applicants eligible for funding under other schemes will not be considered E.g. Go for Life, The Sports Capital Programme etc.
- Ineligible Costs:
- Annual operation costs such as insurance, registration, affiliation fees, travel, accommodation etc.
- Generic courses that are provided by Sports Active Wexford e.g. Code of Ethics.
- Courses outside the Island of Ireland
- Sport related courses delivered by bodies not recognised under the National Coaching Development Programme( Coaching Ireland) or by the National Governing Bodies of Sport .
- Generic sports courses delivered by a non-recognised agency
- Applications eligible for funding under other schemes will not be considered e.g. Go for Life etc.
- First Aid Training or defibrillator training.
- Submission of applications to Sports Active Wexford
Please submit the following information with your application:
- Written evidence that your Club/Organisation is affiliated to an NGB.
- Child Protection information
Payment of Club Training Grant
If you application is successful payment of Grant in respect of approved training will be paid on completion of the authorised training and all criteria received.
If the training is not carried out and the grant is not claimed before the first Friday in November the grant offer will be withdrawn
- Evidence of expenditure e.g. receipts/invoices for the amount of the grant, made out in the name of your Club/Organisation. Please note receipts/invoices made out to individuals instead of Clubs/Organisations named on the application form will not be accepted as evidence of expenditure.
- Evidence of your recognition of Sports Active Wexford’s financial contribution to your club e.g. local newspaper articles, advertisements, social media platforms reports, promotional material etc.
A progress evaluation report will be requested from successful Clubs and Organisations.
Sports Active Wexford can request audited accounts on the Club/Organisation‘s income and expenditure account.
The Application form can be accessed here.
Contact Telephone No.053 919 6557
Sports Active Wexford Covid19 Community and Club Small Grant Scheme
1.General Purpose of the Scheme
The COVID-19 Community and Club small grant scheme is part of a programme from the Government of Ireland, implemented through Sport Ireland and its network of Local Sports Partnerships to support the sports sector during the COVID-19 pandemic. This scheme is designed to support Community Groups and Clubs, which do not have the finances to implement COVID-19 related hygiene and social distancing protocols or require support to the return to sport. As the total fund available is limited, organisations which already have the finances to implement COVID-19 protocols should not apply. Community Groups and Clubs should be aware that funding support for the same purpose should not be sought from multiple sources; and organisations that did not receive funding under the 2020 grant scheme will be prioritised.
This grant can cover costs associated with the reopening of community and clubs. The club grant scheme is designed and intended to support return to sporting and physical activities only. This funding cannot be used to support COVID-19 costs related to hospitality services such as bars or restaurants within sports facilities. The COVID 19 Club Small Grants can be used to support COVID 19 related expenditure dating from the Date of publication of Government roadmap to recovery and return to Sport and physical activity.
The scheme will be based on identified needs. Sports Active Wexford and Sport Ireland, will work together to ensure that the investment is distributed fairly. Every effort will be made to ensure that the wider sports community benefits from this scheme.
There is a €1000 limit per organisation on this grant scheme however applications will be means tested and only clubs with the most need will be eligible for the full amount. Clubs should not feel that they have to apply for the full amount to be considered for support.
3. The Application
- Only one fully completed application can be submitted per Organisation
- Applications must be submitted from organisations which are based in County Wexford.
- Operate as a ‘not for profit’ club or organisation that is open to public membership
- Be registered with their National Governing Body or affiliated to a National Organisation.
- Be registered with County Wexford Public Participation Network (PPN). https://wexfordppn.ie/
- Be compliant with safeguarding regulations and evidence of this may be asked for.
- The club has signed the Cara Sport Inclusion Disability Charter
- Individuals, National/Regional/County Governing Bodies/Statutory Agencies are not eligible to apply
- For profit groups/commercial organisations/private facility owners are not eligible to apply
- Successful Applicants will be required to provide copies of appropriate receipts. Monies must be spent by 30th November 2021.
- The form must be fully completed in one attempt; there is no facility to save the form and return to it at a later date.
- Ineligible Costs : Capital Projects – any building development of facilities
The Application form can be accessed here.
We Sports Active Wexford, collect the personal data provided below for one or more specific purposes, based on public authority to our statutory duties.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- Identifying and evaluating organisations that apply for funding
- Organisation overview and governance
- Conducting compliance checks
- Delivery of efficient services to meet organisations needs
- Recording and communicating the activities of our organisation and other organisations to stakeholders
- Facilitating future contact with relevant stakeholders
- In order to comply with a legal obligation
- Research and development of sports participation
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified or where there is a legal requirement. The minimum amount of personal information is shared with Sport Ireland.
The information above should be read in conjunction with the privacy notice on https://www.wexfordcoco.ie/your-privacy-website
If you have any queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Funding Available
Philanthropic Trusts – About 25
Atlantic Covers Older Adults, Health, Children Rights, Arts, Culture
Community Carers, Older Adults, Minority Groups
Irish Youth Youth & Children
Stephen’s Green Isolated Old People, Travellers, homeless, offenders
Originally the Banks now – Vodaphone; BT, National Toll Roads
JP McManus; Niall Mellon
Small Grants available routed through Community Foundation
www.hse.ie – Health & related services Grants